Protecting the confidential information you have entrusted to us is serious business.
How do we protect your personal information and your privacy?
We've set up physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that meet federal standards for keeping your information safe from unauthorized access or use.
Our policies and procedures are designed to help ensure that bank employees see your information only when they need it to do their work. We also require employees enter a password to use our computer systems. Our administrative buildings require our employees use a security card to enter, and we have security cameras installed in sensitive areas.
Every bank talks about multi-factor authentication & encryption, here is why.
When you sign in for the first time or with a device we don’t recognize, we’ll ask you for your username, password and a temporary identification code, which we’ll send you by phone, email or text message. Once you give us the identification code, we’ll sign you securely into your accounts.
This multi step process helps us protect your accounts and lets us recognize your device the next time you sign in. For extra security, we might ask you to do this again when you update your system, browser or enroll in or start using new products (for example, our wire transfer service).
- A User ID and a password that is not easy to guess is worth its weight in gold. Your User ID and confidential Password, as well as information stored on your computer, protect against others accessing your Online Banking and Bill Pay accounts.
- Don't share your User ID or Password with anyone, ever.
Login attempts are monitored, and if we see something, we do something.
- Too many unsuccessful login attempts will result in the locking of your digital access to both the online banking site and our mobile apps.
- Digital Banking password lock outs can be resolved within the Forgotten Password link if your phone and/or email are on our system or by calling Customer Care.
- Business Online Banking password lock outs - please call the Cash Management & Business Online Banking Team.
As an added safeguard, the site/app will automatically log you out if it no longer detects it is in use.
Encryption puts a barrier between your data and potential criminals.
- Communication between you (your browser) and our servers is protected with 256-bit encryption when you access online banking or our mobile apps in the US.
- Our network is structured so that the computers storing your actual account information are not linked directly to the internet.
Too many promotional emails in your inbox? Feel free to opt out.
While we are sad to learn our offers are not useful as we intend them to be, every email allows you to opt out from getting more at the bottom of the email offer. We will continue to send you service related communications about your account.