Being one of the top banks in New Jersey means hiring the best people. We are looking for talented individuals who want to be part of something unique. Ready to join us?
Community as a Career
We’ve been with our customers through all of life’s milestones and have done it with a smile for nearly 120 years. We’ve shaped communities, watched neighbors become friends, and helped turn people’s dreams into realities. Working at OceanFirst is much more than a job, it’s a calling.
- We balance work and life, while helping the community
- Our “Customer First” mindset fosters a shared vision
- We are committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment
- We strive to innovate by embracing technology
- We recognize results and celebrate our successes
At OceanFirst Bank, each one of our employees plays in important role in fulfilling the mission and taking responsibility to execute daily tasks in alignment with our core values. Together we foster an environment of respect, professionalism and diversity that makes OceanFirst a great place to work and do business.
Build relationships and financial solutions that empower clients to achieve their goals.
Our Core Values
Our branches are the core of our business and, as the face of the Bank, they're where we connect with our customers. Join a team of banking professionals that provide extraordinary care with a focus on offering financial solutions through a full range of products and services, including our digital platforms. Working in our branch network offers employment in local communities, opportunities for professional growth, and advancement for quality performance.
Our Customer Care Center is just that - the place to call when you need expert care! Team members are the ambassadors for OceanFirst Bank to internal and external customers to help meet their needs through operation and digital channels. The team working in the Care Center is very energetic. The pace in the department is fast, and the customers appreciate the warm and professional experience.
Our corporate employment opportunities encompass Finance, Technology, Operations and Bank Administration positions. All of these departments are critical to the success of the organization and integral to providing excellent service to clients. OceanFirst Bank associates at Toms River, Red Bank, and other satellite locations play a key role in supporting the day-to-day operations throughout our entire footprint.
- Finance – Accounting, Finance, Audit, Financial Analysis
- Information Technology – IT Infrastructure, Applications, Information Security, Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing, and Support
- Operations - Customer Support, Internal Resource Center, Deposit Operations, Retail Operations, Online Banking and BSA
- Bank Administration - Human Resources, Facilities, Marketing, Security and Project Management
Credit decisions are made locally. The team enjoys assisting customers in identifying credit solutions for individuals and businesses. Be part of a team that helps customers grow their business and make their dreams a reality through work in lending, underwriting, credit analysis, and other related areas. As seasoned professionals, our team provides consultation and expert industry knowledge that customers value.
Wealth Management professionals maintain strong relationships with clients and provide customized financial solutions with a disciplined focus on trust accounts, estates, and agency accounts. Our team is dedicated to the highest level of service as valued partners who guide and provide current and sound financial advice.
Take the first step in your career journey at OceanFirst Bank! Gain valuable work experience and make a real impact in our organization through meaningful projects, working alongside experts in specific financial and corporate disciplines.
Our Application Process
OceanFirst Bank has earned a reputation for being a great place to work.
We offer a comprehensive package, including:
- Medical, Prescription, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Life Insurance and Optional/Dependent Life Insurance
- Company Holidays and Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Corporate Exercise Facility
- Business Attire Program with Lands’ End
- Free Employee Checking Account
- Wellness Initiatives such as Smoking Cessation Program
- Employee Discount Programs with: Verizon, GE marketplace, NJ Manufacturers Insurance Company, Allstate Insurance Company, Dell Computer, Plum Benefits
For employees who are committed to providing exemplary service to both external and internal customers, OceanFirst Bank offers an incentive compensation program. You’ll have an opportunity to earn these incentives in addition to your base salary. Incentives may include both short and long-term compensation and employer-paid benefits.
- Company Sponsored Training
- Leadership Development Programs
- Technical/Skills Training
OceanFirst Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer, considering employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, sex, pregnancy, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, civil unions, familial status, domestic partnership, atypical hereditary cellular or blood trait, disability (including AIDS and HIV infection) genetic information, liability for service in the United States Armed Forces or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.