Garmin Pay, FitBit Pay - - we like to call it Contactless Pay! Using contactless pay is hands down the safest way to shop. Add and verify your OceanFirst Debit Card on your device's mobile wallet. Some wallets offer promotions and rewards programs on top of what we offer.
You can also access the helpful links below to help you navigate Contactless Pay:
How do I setup & use Garmin Pay™?
Garmin Pay™ is a contactless payment solution designed for people on the go. With Garmin Pay™ you can make secure cashless purchases quickly and effortlessly using your smartwatch – allowing you leave your cash, cards, and phone safely at home.
Q. What Garmin devices support Garmin Pay™?
Q. How do I set up Garmin Pay wallet?
A. Simply follow these easy steps:
- Download & access the Garmin Connect mobile app via your smartphone.
- Open the app and go to Garmin devices and choose your watch.
- Tap Garmin Pay, then tap Create Your Wallet.
- You’ll be prompted to create a 4-digit passcode to keep the digital wallet on your watch secure. Follow the on-screen instructions to create a passcode.
- Add at least one debit or credit card to your wallet; you can add up to 10 cards
- Select the card type; on the next screen you can manually enter your card data or scan the card using your phone’s camera.
- Accept the issuer’s terms and conditions; additional verification of your ID as the cardholderwill be required before you can use your device for purchases. Once the verification and tokenization process are complete, the card will be added to your wallet.
Q. How do I use Garmin Pay™ to make a purchase?
A. To make a payment using Garmin Pay™, simply follow these easy steps:
- Access the virtual wallet on your device by pressing and holding the action button or light key (depending on the type of watch you are using) to bring up the control’s menu.
- Scroll to locate the appropriate wallet icon, then tap the icon.
- Enter your passcode.
- Once the wallet is open your last used card will appear; swipe/scroll down to switch to another payment card that you have already loaded.
- Once you have selected the appropriate card, hold your watch near the contactless Point-of-Sale terminal with the watch facing the reader. The payment is initiated using the payment card you selected. It will take a few moments for the terminal to indicate the payment is complete, then the device will return to the watch face.
Please note that if you continue to wear the watch, you can use it to make payments for the rest of the day without re-entering your passcode. If you remove the watch from your wrist, or if 24 hours has elapsed since you enabled the watch and entered your passcode, you must enter your passcode again before making a payment.
Q. How often will I be prompted to enter my passcode?
A. You will be prompted to enter your passcode every 24 hours or the first time you put the watch back on your wrist after taking it off.
Q. I am locked out of the wallet, what do I do?
A. If you enter your passcode incorrectly three times, your wallet will be locked, and you must reset your passcode in the Garmin Connect Mobile app.
To do this, simply follow these easy steps:
- Go to Garmin Devices in your settings & sync your device
- Then select Garmin Pay™and select Change Passcode
Please note that you will be prompted to enter your original passcode before you can setup a new one.
Please note that if you have forgotten your passcode or if you make three incorrect attempts to enter it, your current on-device wallet will be deleted. If this occurs your passcode cannot be recovered; you will need to repeat the steps above to create a new wallet and reenter your card information
Q. How do I activate, deactivate, or delete a card from my Garmin Pay Wallet?
A. You can view information about your payment cards and activate, deactivate, or delete a card using the Garmin Connect Mobile app on your phone by following these simple steps:
- Access the device page in the Garmin Connect Mobile app and tap Garmin Pay
- Then tap Manage Wallet
- Select a payment card
- Select one of the following options:
- To suspend a card, select Suspend Card. When the card is suspended, you cannot use it to make purchases using your device.
- To delete a card, select Delete Card. The card is completely deleted from your wallet. If you want to add this card to the wallet in the future, you will need to enter the card information again.
Q. Where can I get additional information, FAQs and help?
How do I setup & use Fitbit Pay™?
Fitbit Pay™ is a contactless digital wallet payment solution that lets you make payments right from your smart watch, so your shopping experience is more seamless than ever. Fitbit Pay™ makes on-the-wrist payments easy, by providing secure access to your debit card without having to take out your wallet.
View our step-by-step video tutorial for your specific device below:
Q. What Fitbit devices support Fitbit Pay™?
A. Fitbit Pay™ works with Fitbit Ionic, Fitbit Versa 2, Fitbit Charge 4, and editions of Fitbit Charge 3 and Fitbit Versa models that contain an “NFC” chip.
For more information and a general overview visit the Fitbit help site here:
Q. How do I check to see if my device supports Fitbit Pay™?
A. For Fitbit Versa: Turn your watch over and look for "Fitbit Pay" in the text surrounding the heart-rate sensors.
A. For Fitbit Charge 3: Remove the bottom band and look for "Fitbit Pay" printed on the end of the tracker.
Q. Is Fitbit Pay secure?
A. Fitbit Pay™ leverages the FitPay Trusted Payment Manager™ platform. This platform provides end-to-end payment solution functionality, including access to the Mastercard and Visa networks, to wearable device manufacturers and other players in the “Internet of Things (IoT)” ecosystem. Industry-standard tokenization is used to help keep each transaction private. For additional security, card numbers are never stored in Fitbit watches or on Fitbit servers.
Q. How do I set up Fitbit Pay™ wallet?
A. To set up Fitbit Pay™ wallet, follow these simple steps:
- First ensure that you have the Fitbit App installed on your Smartphone, PC or tablet.If not, locate and install the Fitbit Mobile app which is available on Apple, Android or Windows. Use the Apple App Store or Google Play Store to install the Fitbit app.
- Next, add at least 1 credit or debit card from a participating bank to the Wallet section of the Fitbit app and tap the Wallet tile.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to add a payment card. In some cases, you may be required to complete an additional verification. Select Credit/ Debit Card. If you are setting up Fitbit Pay™ for the first time, you may be prompted to set a 4-digit PIN code for your device.
- Agree to Terms and Conditions.
- Call customer service to Verify your card.
- After you add a card, follow the on-screen instructions to turn on notifications for your phone (if you haven’t already done so) to complete the setup.
Please note: You can add up to 6 cards to the Wallet (5 cards for Charge 3 and Charge 4) and choose which card to set as the default payment option on your device.
Q. How do I make a payment with FitBit Pay™?
A. To pay with your device, follow these simple steps:
1. Open the Fitbit Pay™ screen on your device & swipe to the “Wallet” Icon.
2. Ionic and Versa series—If you chose Fitbit Pay™ as your button shortcut, hold the button on your watch for 2 seconds to activate it. Otherwise, swipe down from the top of the screen and tap the Fitbit Pay™ icon. All other devices—When you are ready to pay, press and hold the left button on your device for 2 seconds. Swipe to the Payments screen if it is not shown.
3. When prompted, enter your 4-digit PIN code. Your default card should appear on the screen.
4. To pay with your default card, hold your wrist near the payment terminal. To pay with a different card: swipe up on Ionic and Versa series, or tap on Charge 3 and Charge 4, to find the card you want to use. Then hold your wrist near the payment terminal.
5. When the payment is a success, your device will vibrate, and you’ll see a confirmation on the screen.
*If the payment terminal doesn’t recognize Fitbit Pay™, make sure the device face is near the reader and that the cashier knows you’re using a contactless payment.