DIGITAL BANKING TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Digital Banking provides secure access to your OceanFirst accounts on the device of your choosing. You can view balances, search transactions, create transfers, pay bills, and more. Beyond those essentials, Digital Banking offers many other helpful and convenient features. As such, these Terms may not encompass all the features available within Digital Banking, and those features may have separate terms that will be presented upon enrollment.
- All accounts must have the same primary Social Security Number or business Tax ID Number
- Checking, Savings and Loan accounts are eligible for online access
- Certificate of Deposit and IRA accounts will have "view only" capability
- Only Checking accounts are eligible for Bill Pay
- No monthly fee for Digital Banking, Bill Pay, or eStatements
- Please refer to our most recent Fee Schedule for any other fees that may apply
RULES AND REGULATIONS
- All the terms, conditions, rules, and regulations contained in your Account Agreement or other documents applicable to your account also apply to your online transactions. Please refer to the Electronic Funds Transfer Act below.
- If your Digital Banking account is inactive for 90-days or more after activation, your online access may be canceled, along with any associated features to which you had access.
- Accounts cannot be closed through Digital Banking. Accounts can only be closed by written request or at a branch.
- OceanFirst Bank may restrict, suspend, or terminate your Digital Banking account access at any time, without cause or notice.
- You agree not to allow anyone to use your credentials to gain access to Digital Banking. If you allow anyone to access your accounts through Digital Banking, you assume full responsibility and liability for all transactions undertaken by them and any person acting in concert with any such individual, whether or not you authorize the transactions, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Bank for any and all such transactions undertaken.
- You irrevocably submit to the jurisdiction of any New Jersey Court or any Federal Court sitting within New Jersey over any suit, action or proceeding arising out of the use of Digital Banking. The laws of the State of New Jersey will govern with respect to any suit, action or proceeding arising out of the use of Digital Banking.
ONLINE TRANSACTION HOURS OF BUSINESS
- Transactions are processed Monday through Friday
- Internal Transfers are processed in Real-Time and will be available in your account immediately with the following exceptions:
- Internal Transfers initiated between the approximate hours of 8:00 PM and 4:00 AM and on weekends and Bank Holidays will be completed at the start of the next business day.
- Recurring and future-dated transfers will be processed at the start of the business day chosen.
- Bill Pay transactions made before 10PM ET will be processed the next business day. Payments made after 10PM ET will be processed the second business day.
If applicable, you authorize OceanFirst Bank to post payment transactions generated by OceanFirst Bank's Bill Pay Service to the OceanFirst account(s). If at any time you decide to discontinue service, you will provide written notification to OceanFirst Bank. Your use of OceanFirst Bank's Bill Pay Service signifies that you have read and accepted all terms and conditions of the Digital Banking and Bill Pay Service.
Payments may take up to 10 business days to reach the vendor and they will be sent either electronically or by check. OceanFirst Bank is not liable for any service fees or late charges levied against you by a vendor. You also understand that I am responsible for any loss or penalty that you may incur due to lack of sufficient funds or other conditions that may prevent the withdrawal of funds from your account. You also understand that OceanFirst Bank or its processor may need to disclose non-public financial information about you (such as your Social Security Number or Taxpayer Identification Number) in order to resolve payment-processing issues.
Bill Payment has a $1.00 transaction minimum and a $99,999.99 maximum, though this is subject to change at our discretion.
If applicable, you authorize OceanFirst to provide electronic account statements (eStatements) in lieu of paper statements. This service will allow you to securely view your current and past account statements. Federal law requires that we obtain your consent before providing statements electronically. This consent will apply to all the checking, savings, and loan accounts you have access to through Digital Banking. You agree to provide a valid email address so that you may receive email notifications when my electronic statements are available online. Up to 72 months of statement history will be available electronically.
You understand that your Digital Banking user ID and password will also allow access to your account statement(s). You agree not to disclose your Digital Banking credentials to other people and to notify OceanFirst if your user ID and password have been used without your permission.
To receive and review statements electronically, and to view, download, and print your electronic statements, you will need to use a supported browser version. You will also need access to a printer or the ability to download information in order to keep copies of your records.
If Adobe Acrobat Reader releases updated versions after you consent to receive electronic statements, you may need to download the upgraded version of the corresponding browser or software to access and/or print the statements in the future. If this is the case, you will be directed to a site containing links to the appropriate download pages, where you will be able to download the updated version at no cost.
If you would prefer to receive paper copies after consenting to receive electronic statements, please contact us. You may withdraw your consent to receive statements electronically at any time by contacting us at 1.888.623.2698. Such withdrawal will not affect the legal validity of the statements already provided.
The debit card management feature is offered by OceanFirst Bank (referred to herein as “Card Control”, “us”, “we” or “our”) for use by OceanFirst Bank cardholders. The feature is intended to allow you to initiate certain activities for your enrolled OceanFirst Bank debit card(s) via the debit card management feature. Those activities may include the ability to, but not limited to:
- Register the card
- Activate the card
- Set control preferences for card usage including location, transaction, and merchant types, spend limits, and card on/off (“Controls”)
- Set alert preferences for card usage including location, transaction, and merchant types, spend limits, and declined purchases (“Alerts”)
- View transaction history including cleansed and enriched merchant information (e.g., merchant name, address, and contact information)
- Review your spending by merchant type and/or by date
The Feature does not allow for the stoppage of authorized or pre-authorized debit card transactions, and it is not intended to operate as such. In accordance with Visa Operating Rules, all transactions for which there is a prior authorization will be paid. This applies to authorizations made if the card is present or not present, and in cases of pre-authorized recurring transactions. Pre-authorized recurring transactions must be stopped in accordance with the agreement made with the merchant involved in the pre-authorizations.
The card management feature may enable access to OceanFirst Bank and third parties’ services and web sites, including GPS locator websites, such as Google. Use of such services may require internet access and that You accept additional terms and conditions applicable thereto, including, with respect to Google maps, those terms and conditions of use found at https://maps.google.com/help/terms_maps.html and the Google Legal Notices found at https://www.google.com/help/legalnotices_maps, or such other URLs as may be updated by Google. To the extent the card management feature allows You to access third party services, OceanFirst Bank and those third parties, as applicable, reserve the right to change, suspend, remove, limit, or disable access to any of those services at any time without notice and without liability to you.
You agree to allow us to communicate with you via push notification, SMS and/or email, with respect to the activities performed via the card management feature. Data fees may be imposed by your mobile provider for the transmission and receipt of messages and Alerts.
OceanFirst Bank reserves the right to send administrative and service notifications via emails and/or SMS messages to the email address and/or phone number provided upon enrollment in OceanFirst Bank’s card management feature.
Eligibility. The Feature is only available to individuals who: (a) are of legal age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence (and at least 18 years of age); (b) own an OceanFirst debit card that is in good standing and eligible for the Feature; (c) qualifies for Digital Banking, which is required in order to use the Feature. Eligibility of a Card will be determined by us in our sole discretion. Our decisions with respect to your eligibility are final and binding. We reserve the right to terminate your participation in the Feature at any time. The user must also adhere to the terms and conditions outlined in separate agreements for Digital Banking, Electronic Funds Transfer, and any other applicable agreement.
Fees. We do not charge for the Feature. However, if you have activated SMS alerts notifications, your mobile phone provider may charge you in accordance with the agreement you have with them. You are solely responsible for such charges and any other charges from your mobile carrier.
Availability/Interruption. You acknowledge that the actual time between occurrence of an event (“Event”) triggering a selected Control or Alert and the time the notification of such event is sent to Your mobile device (“Notification”) is dependent on a number of factors including, without limitation, your wireless service and coverage within the area in which you are located at that time. You acknowledge that Notifications of Events may be delayed, experience delivery failures, or face other transmission problems. Similarly, selection of Controls and Alerts (collectively, “Commands”) are likewise affected by the same or similar factors and problems could arise with use of Commands. Notifications of Events may not be available to be sent to your mobile device in all areas.
If You registered to receive Notifications to Your mobile device, the card management feature is available when you have your mobile device within the operating range of a wireless carrier with an appropriate signal for data services. The card management feature is subject to transmission limitations and service interruptions. OceanFirst Bank does not guarantee that the card management feature (or any portion thereof) will be available at all times or in all areas.
You acknowledge and agree that certain functionality with the card management feature may not be available for all transactions. Commands based upon the location of the mobile device where the card management feature is installed or the location of the merchant where the card is being attempted for use may not apply appropriately to card-not-present transactions or transactions where the location of the actual location of the merchant differs from the merchant’s registered address.
You acknowledge and agree that neither OceanFirst Bank nor its third-party services providers (including the developer of the technology enabling the Notifications) are responsible for performance degradation, interruption or delays due to conditions outside of its control. You acknowledge that neither OceanFirst Bank nor its third-party service providers shall be liable to you if you are unable to receive Notifications on your mobile device in your intended area. OceanFirst Bank, for itself and its third-party service providers, disclaims all liability for: any delays, mis-delivery, loss, or failure in the delivery of any Notification.
No Amendment to Existing Terms and Conditions for Debit Cards. Transaction alerts that are provided to you through this Feature do not amend, supplement, change or replace any other notice or information that you may receive in connection with your card, including, but not limited to, any information provided to you on your periodic statement or cardmember agreement.
No Warranties. OceanFirst Bank, its directors, officers, employees, assigns, related parties, affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, and promotion agencies or the Feature providers (collectively, "Participatory Parties") specifically disclaim any responsibility and all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, as to the operation of the Feature or equipment. Use of the Feature is at your sole risk.
Indemnity. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Participatory Parties from any loss, liability, claim, or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your use of the Feature in violation of this Agreement and/or arising from a breach of this Agreement and/or any breach of your representations and warranties set forth herein.
Limitation of Liability. In no event shall Participatory Parties be liable to you or any third party for any direct, indirect, consequential, or punitive loss or damage for any breach of this agreement, including but not limited to loss of profits, loss of business or goodwill, or loss of use even if we have been advised of the possibility of such loss or damage or any claim by any third party. Participatory Parties shall not be liable if the Feature cannot be provided (or any part thereof) or for any failure to perform any obligations contained in this agreement due to, directly or indirectly, the failure of any equipment, act of God, or any other event beyond our control. Participatory Parties specifically disclaim all liability whatsoever with respect to any failure to protect the Feature or provide the Feature error-free or uninterrupted.
Dispute Resolution. Any claim shall be handled in accordance with the dispute resolution provisions of the agreement governing your Card account.
Amendments. We may change this Agreement at any time. We may add new terms and conditions and we may delete or amend the existing terms and conditions. You will generally be provided advance notice of any change. If the change is favorable for you, we may make the change at any time without prior notification. If you do not agree with the change, you may discontinue using the Feature. If you continue using the Feature, your continued use will be acceptance to the agreement changes.
Termination. We may terminate or suspend the Feature, or your use of the Feature, at any time without notice. You may terminate your use of the Feature at any time through Digital Banking. Without limiting the foregoing, this Agreement may be terminated if you breach any term of the Agreement, if you use the Features for any unauthorized or illegal purposes or if you use the Feature in a manner inconsistent with the terms of your other Agreements with us.
Your Consent. You agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions and represent and warrant that you have the right, authority, and capacity to enter into this agreement. By using the Feature and agreeing to these Terms, you are signing these Terms electronically. You agree your electronic signature is the legal equivalent of your manual signature on these Terms and you agree to be legally bound thereby.
THE ELECTRONIC FUNDS TRANSFER ACT
We are pleased to inform you that we have the ability to honor electronic deposits, withdrawals and transfers from many types of accounts. One of our Customer Service Representatives will be happy to assist you with this service. Under the Electronic Funds Transfer Act, it is our responsibility to disclose the following information to you.
- Consumer Liability. Tell us AT ONCE if you believe your card has been lost or stolen or if you believe that an electronic funds transfer has been made without your permission using information from your check. Telephoning is the best way of keeping your possible losses down. You could lose all the money in your account (plus your maximum overdraft line of credit). If you tell us within 2 business days after you learn of the loss or theft of your card or code, you can lose no more than $50 if someone used your card without your permission. If you do NOT tell us within 2 business days after you learn of the loss or theft of your card, and we can prove we could have stopped someone from using your card without your permission if you had told us, you could lose as much as $500. Also, if your statement shows transfers that you did not make, including those made by card, code or other means, tell us at once. If you do not tell us within 60 days after the statement was mailed to you, you may not get back any money you lost after the 60 days if we can prove that we could have stopped someone from taking the money if you had told us in time. If a good reason (such as a long trip or a hospital stay) kept you from telling us, we will extend the time periods.
- Contact in event of unauthorized transfer. If you believe your card has been lost or stolen or that a transfer has been made using the information from your check without your permission, call us at: 1-888-623-2698, or write to us at: OceanFirst Bank, 975 Hooper Ave., P.O. Box 2009, Toms River, NJ 08753, Attn: Deposit Operations.
- Business days. For purposes of these disclosures, our business days are Monday through Friday. Holidays are not included.
- Transfer types and limitations
- Account access. You may use your card to:
- Withdraw cash from your checking or savings account.
- Make deposits to your checking or savings account.
- Transfer funds between your checking and savings accounts whenever you request.
- Pay for purchases at places that have agreed to accept the card.
- Pay bills directly from your checking account in the amounts and on the days you request. Some of these services may not be available at all terminals.
- Electronic check conversion. You may authorize a merchant or other payee to make a one-time electronic payment from your checking account, using information from your check to:
- Pay for purchases, and
- Pay bills
- Online Banking or Mobile transfers
- Limitations on frequency and dollar amount of transfers. For security reasons, there are limits on the number and dollar amount of transactions you can make using our terminals and point-of-sale transfer service.
- Account access. You may use your card to:
- Fees. Please refer to the Bank’s Fee Schedule for the annual fee associated with your VISA® debit card and monthly fees associated with Bill Pay services. These fees will be automatically deducted from your account. By signing the application for a VISA® debit card or signing up for Bill Pay services, you agree to pay any applicable fees.
- Confidentiality. We will disclose information to third parties about your account or the transfers you make:
- Where it is necessary for completing transfers, or
- In order to verify the existence and condition of your account for a third party, such as a credit bureau or merchant, or
- In order to comply with government agency or court orders, or
- If you give us your written permission.
- Terminal transfers. You can get a receipt at the time you make any transfer to or from your account using one of our automated teller machines or point-of-sale terminals.
- Preauthorized credits. If you have arranged to have direct deposits made to your account at least once every 60 days from the same person or company, the person or company making the deposit will tell you every time they send us the money. You can also call us at 1-888-623-2698 to find out whether or not the deposit has been made.
- Periodic statements. You will get a monthly account statement on your checking or statement savings account.
- Passbook account where the only possible electronic fund transfers are preauthorized credits. If you bring your passbook to us, we will record any electronic deposits that were made to your account since the last time you brought in your passbook.
- Right to stop payment and procedure for doing so. If you have told us in advance to make regular payments out of your account, you can stop any of these payments. Here's how:
Call us at 1-888-623-2698, or write us at 975 Hooper Ave., Toms River, NJ, 08753, Attn: Deposit Operations, in time for us to receive your request 3 business days or more before the payment is scheduled to be made. If you call, we may also require you to put your request in writing and get it to us within 14 days after you call. (We will charge you the fee set forth in the Bank’s current Fee Schedule for each stop-payment order you give.)
- Notice of varying amounts. If these regular payments may vary in amount, the person you are going to pay will tell you, 10 days before each payment, when it will be made and how much it will be. (You may choose instead to get this notice only when the payment would differ by more than a certain amount from the previous payment, or when the amount would fall outside certain limits that you set.)
- Liability for failure to stop payment of preauthorized transfer. If you order us to stop one of these payments 3 business days or more before the transfer is scheduled, and we do not do so, we will be liable for your losses or damages.
- Right to stop payment and procedure for doing so. If you have told us in advance to make regular payments out of your account, you can stop any of these payments. Here's how:
- Financial institution's liability. If we do not complete a transfer to or from your account on time or in the correct amount according to our agreement with you, we will be liable for your losses or damages. However, there are some exceptions. We will not be liable, for instance:
- If, through no fault of ours, you do not have enough money in your account to make the transfer.
- If the transfer would go over the credit limit on your overdraft line.
- If the automated teller machine where you are making the transfer does not have enough cash.
- If the automated teller machine was not working properly and you knew about the breakdown when you started the transfer.
- If circumstances beyond our control (such as a fire or flood) prevent the transfer, despite reasonable precautions that we have taken.
- There may be other exceptions stated in our agreement with you.
- ATM fees. When you use an ATM not owned by us, you may be charged a fee by the ATM operator or any network used (and you may be charged a fee for a balance inquiry even if you do not complete a fund transfer).
- Error Resolution Notice. In Case of Errors or Questions About Your Electronic Transfers Telephone us at 1-888-623-2698, or write us at 975 Hooper Ave., Toms River, NJ, 08753, Attn: Deposit Operations, or E-mail us at www.oceanfirst.com as soon as you can, if you think your statement or receipt is wrong or if you need more information about a transfer listed on the statement or receipt. We must hear from you no later than 60 days after we sent the FIRST statement on which the problem or error appeared.
- Tell us your name and account number (if any).
- Describe the error or the transfer you are unsure about, and explain as clearly as you can why you believe it is an error or why you need more information.
- Tell us the dollar amount of the suspected error.
If you tell us orally, we may require that you send us your complaint or question in writing within 10 business days. We will determine whether an error occurred within 10 business days after we hear from you and will correct any error promptly. If we need more time, however, we may take up to 45 days to investigate your complaint or question. If we decide to do this, we will credit your account within 10 business days for the amount you think is in error, so that you will have the use of the money during the time it takes us to complete our investigation. If we ask you to put your complaint or question in writing and we do not receive it within 10 business days, we may not credit your account. For errors involving new accounts, point-of-sale, or foreign-initiated transactions, we may take up to 90 days to investigate your complaint or question. For new accounts, we may take up to 20 business days to credit your account for the amount you think is in error. We will tell you the results within three business days after completing our investigation. If we decide that there was no error, we will send you a written explanation. You may ask for copies of the documents that we used in our investigation
- VISA® Checkcard. If you have a Visa® Checkcard, please refer to the additional disclosure provided with your Check Card for specific rights and responsibilities pertaining to the Check Card.
UCC ARTICLE 4A
DISCLOSURES REGARDING ELECTRONIC “WHOLESALE CREDIT” TRANSACTIONS SUBJECT TO UNIFORM COMMERCIAL CODE ARTICLE 4A
Credit given by OceanFirst Bank to you with respect to an automated clearing house credit entry is provisional until we receive final settlement for such entry through a Federal Reserve Bank. If we do not receive such a final settlement, you are hereby notified and agree that we are entitled to a refund of the amount credited to you in connection with such entry, and the party making payment to you via such entry (i.e. the originator of the entry) shall not be deemed to have paid you in the amount of such entry.
NOTICE OF RECEIPT OF ENTRY:
Under the operating rules of the National Automated Clearing House Association, which are applicable to ACH transactions involving your account, we are not required to give next day notice to you of receipt of an ACH item and we will not do so. However, we will continue to notify you of the receipt of payments in the periodic statement we provide to you.
CHOICE OF LAW:
We may accept on your behalf payments to your account which have been transmitted through one or more Automated Clearing Houses (“ACH”) and which are not subject to the Electronic Funds Transfer Act and your rights and obligations with respect to such payments shall be construed in accordance with and governed by the laws of the state of New Jersey, unless it has otherwise specified in a separate agreement that the law of some other state shall govern.