Key Things to Know
We're Ahead of Schedule!
Online, Mobile and Telephone Banking are now available. All Video Teller locations are open for business 7am - 7pm. Branches reopened throughout the day, and will now be operating during normal business hours.
Treasury Management Business Online Banking is now available.
Through July 19th, new customers will temporarily be unable to open accounts online.
If you are experiencing issues with your debit card, please use the green Send Us a Message button to the right. Be sure to include the best number to reach you, and an agent will contact you during business hours.
Accounts and Account Numbers
• Your account(s) will not change, although branch and drive-thru access will be unavailable starting Saturday, July 10 through Monday, July 12*.
*Branches reopened ahead of schedule beginning Monday morning.
• Your Deposit and Loan account number(s) will remain the same except for Commercial Loan account numbers, which will be changing. The modified Commercial Loan account number will appear on your first statement following July 9. Also, there may be minor changes in how names and addresses are formatted for all accounts.
• There are no changes to your current debit card or checks. However, home equity line of credit customers will receive a new supply of checks automatically by the end of July.
• If you currently have a checking account that includes rebates of ATM fees at the end of the statement period, your ATM fees will be waived daily.
• Funds availability for business accounts will be $225 per deposit the first business day with the remainder of the deposit available the second business day.
Direct Deposits, Automated Transfers and Payments
These transactions will continue, but please note the following:
• Transfers initiated by you for a loan payment or deposit to an OceanFirst account scheduled for July 10 or July 11 will occur on July 12. Similarly, any future transactions that fall on a weekend will occur on the first business day following that weekend.
• Direct deposits or debits arranged through a third-party merchant and scheduled for the week of July 12 may be posted to your account on July 9.
• Business customers who originate ACH must wait until July 13 to submit any batches for future dates.
Online Banking and Mobile Banking
• Online Banking and Mobile Banking will not change, although access will be unavailable from 6pm Friday, July 9 until 9am Tuesday, July 13.*
Online and Mobile Banking are available ahead of schedule.
• We will transfer transaction history and bill payee information automatically to our new system.
• We still recommend that you download any critical transaction history data prior to 6pm on July 9.
• Check images posted prior to July 12 will not be available. Check images posted after July 12th will be visible.
• New customers will temporarily be unable to open accounts online from July 5 through July 19. Existing customers can open a new account by logging into Online Banking or the Mobile App.
• Beginning July 13, you will need to establish a new PIN upon first use of telephone banking. Telephone Banking is available ahead of schedule.
• Beginning July 13, your transaction history available via telephone banking will be limited to transactions completed in the current month and the month prior.
• If you have any difficulty transferring funds between your accounts on our new automated system, please contact the Customer Care Center at 888.623.2698 for assistance.
Loan Payments and Calculations
• There is no change to your loan payment due date, but if you mail your payments, be sure to use the payment remittance address that will appear on your statements starting July 12.
• Please remember to use your modified Commercial Loan account number starting July 12.
• If you have a Line of Credit, we currently calculate accrued interest through the billing date. After July 9, we will calculate accrued interest through your payment due date.
• You will be mailed a final statement of account activity through July 9, generated by the current system. If you currently receive a combined statement, this final statement may not be combined, however future statements will be combined as usual.
• After the system upgrade, all monthly statements will be generated on the last day of each month.
• You will notice a new, updated format but your new statement will retain all the information you have come to expect from us.
• There may be minor changes in how names or addresses are formatted as we simplify and streamline our name and address records for all account statements.
• Beginning in August, the monthly statement for business checking accounts will reflect a single charge for all fees incurred during the month, including stop payments and wire transfer fees. However, your Account Overview monthly statement will itemize these fees. The fee will be debited from business checking accounts the 10th day of the following month.
This upgrade will require that you make changes to your QuickBooks or Quicken software, so please take action to ensure a smooth transition. Conversion instruction are available below.
1st Action Date: July 9th 2021
A data file backup and a final transaction download should be completed by this date. Please make sure to complete the final download before this date since transaction history might not be available after the upgrade.
2nd Action Date: July 13th 2021
This is the action date for the remaining steps on the conversion instructions. You will complete the deactivate/reactivate of your online banking connection to ensure that you get your current Quicken or QuickBooks accounts set up with the new connection.
Quicken - CLICK HERE
QuickBooks Desktop – CLICK HERE
QuickBooks Online - CLICK HERE
Mint - CLICK HERE
Intuit aggregation services may be interrupted for up to 3-5 business days. Users are encouraged to download a QFX/QBO file during this outage. The following services may not work during the outage:
·Quicken Win/Mac Express Web Connect
·QuickBooks Online Express Web Connect
Please carefully review your downloaded transactions after completing the migration instructions to ensure no transactions were duplicated or missed on the register. If you have any questions, please contact us at 1.888.623.2698
July 9 - July 13:
• System Upgrade. Temporary service outages will occur.
Prior to July 9:
• Download and save any transaction history, check image history, and eStatements from Online Banking.
• Please note, while we plan to convert the transaction history, our recommendation is to download it as a precautionary measure.
July 9 • 6pm:
July 9 • 1pm:
• Video Tellers close for business.
*Access to Video Tellers has resumed ahead of schedule
• Branches and Drive-Thrus close.
*Branches reopened ahead of schedule beginning Monday morning
• Online Banking, Mobile Banking, Bill Pay, and Telephone Banking access ends.*
*Access to Online and Mobile Banking has resumed ahead of schedule
• Important: Scheduled bill payments, deposits, and transfers will continue, except that transactions scheduled for July 10-11 will occur on July 12.
• Businesses that pre-schedule ACH originations must wait until July 13 to submit any batches for future dates.
• Remote Deposit Capture ends.
July 10 - July 12:
• Branches, Drive-Thrus, and Video Tellers remain closed.
*Access to Video Tellers has resumed ahead of schedule. Branches reopened ahead of schedule beginning Monday morning.
• Online Banking, Mobile Banking, Bill Pay, and Telephone Banking remain unavailable*
*Access to Online & Mobile Banking, Bill Pay and Telephone Banking has resumed ahead of schedule
• OceanFirst Bank ATMs will remain available.
• OceanFirst Debit Cards will continue to work for purchases and ATM transactions.
July 13 • 9am:
• Branches and Drive-Thrus reopen.
• Access to Remote Deposit Capture resumes.
• Please note, Telephone Banking customers will need to establish a new PIN upon first use. In addition, telephone banking access to transactions processed on or before July 9 may be limited.
Our Customer Care Center is open Monday through Friday 7am to 7pm and 8am to 5pm on Saturdays. Additionally, we will offer extended hours during our system upgrade:
• Friday, July 9: 7am to 8pm
• Saturday, July 10: 8am to 6pm
• Sunday, July 11: 10am to 4pm